What Makes a Great Basketball Player? Č Basketball is America’s Obsession.
Everyone knows that basketball is a great sport. It is by far the most popular sport in the world. Don’t get me wrong, football probably has more fans, but for sports news purposes let’s just consider basketball as the United States’ third most popular sport, coming in just behind baseball and football.
There are many factors which go into making a great basketball player, but let’s start with one of the most noticeable… Height. Tall people play basketball; average height people don’t. หนังดี 2020 Being tall is an advantage in at least two ways: the taller player can get a better look at the basket; and the shorter player can block more effectively.
Being tall also gives a kid an advantage because:
• It makes it easier to up set shots when the basket is wide open.
• It gives him/her more height that can protect the ball.
• It makes passing easier, because high players can get down-ball like greats like Steve Nash and Chauncey Billups.
• Having more height can make dribbling the basketball easier coming from a pickle. 55% of all NBA players average arees.
Now, you might be thinking, “That’s all very well and good, but if I was put in the NBA anyway, wouldn’t I have to practice harder to keep up with players half my size?”
And the answer is: “If you’re already 6’8″, 6’9″, 6’10”, or 6’11” – yes, you would. If you’ve got great ball handling skills (especially great shooting skills), for example, you would be even better.
Also, being tall is a great defensive advantage too. นัดเย็ดเกย์ไทย The taller player can “guard the paint”, to keep his/her defender away from the basket. If I were to draw a parallel between two players, I’d likely draw the pic below:
Player A, the short one, can take longer than Player B, who is equally tall, but in the NBA, Player A is the better defender.
So, if you want to be a great basketball player and you’re not 6’8″, 6’9″, 6’10”, or 6’11”, the only way to become that medium tall player you need to take it to the next step. You need to work extra hard at your game.
Where do you go after you’ve improved your game? Well, the next best thing to getting extra hard with your game is getting extra tall. Most basketball players like me are not 6’8″ tall, but once I was, I noticed that I was able to go from being an average height to one who could block the paint effectively. สาวใหญ่ Not many adjust to this because most don’t realize they’ve got this capability.
The extra height gives you an advantage off the bench and allows you to guard the opposing teams post players better. You might be able to go right through your legs right through the post if you’re 6’8″ tall, giving you access to help yourself.
That means you can play off your lonesome.
The other way to penetrate the bounce to the metal is to improve your speed. Taller players have the advantage when it comes to sprinting when they play defense. ซัพไทยชัดมาก If you play a team who likes to space and use the pick and roll a lot, you will be the one flying to the loose balls and setting up your screener for easy lay ups.
How to Become a Great Basketball Player
- Increase your athleticism.This isn’t about your stats, but about how fast you can run down the court. If you’re just standing there, you will never be able to beat a taller player down the court; and if you play on teams with great ball-handlers, you’ll be the one making his game longer than it needs to be. Speed is something that can be improved, and if you’re not already fast, you soon will be.
- Work extra hard at your game.If you’re already the best player on your team, you can’t relax. You need to work harder to stay on top of your game. สาวเกาหลี Because basketball isn’t just about some physical talent and brute strength. It also involves smarts, instincts, and decision-making. If you do not have it, soon you will be the one having to come in during the playoffs and do the dirty work.
- Practice, practice, practice. Yes, that’s right, it’s that simple. If you want to be the best player you can be, you have to practice more than your teammates.
What are you waiting on, get to work!
Comments are closed here.